Pages

Wednesday, December 6, 2006

Sedu Hairstyles: Chasing Dreams or Chemical Relaxing

By: Mary Anne Lionel

Couple of months ago when I first learned about sedu hairstyles I decided to do the relaxing. My hair is naturally wavy, but it tends to curl every time it’s wet outside. As I live in one of the most humid parts of the country, I have great difficulties with keeping my hair straight. I thought that relaxing is the best way for me to save my time and to keep the hair straight. The time proved me wrong, and the result was simply disastrous. When I pulled myself together and went to the salon to make a relaxing, I felt cheerful about fulfilling my dream of straight and sleek sedu hairstyle. When the process was over and I was leaving the salon, I thought of buying a wig.
So, I decided to warn you of such premature decision and describe you how the process goes:

1. Your hair is washed;
2. Then it is combed, divided into separate tresses, and the relaxing solution is applied;
3. After that some time is needed for the chemicals to work;
4. When the time’s up, your hair is rinsed, and the neutralizing lotion is applied to close the scales of the cuticle;
5. Then the hair is conditioned to avoid breakage and swelling.
6. The last stage is the advice not to wash your hair for some time, two-three days at least,because your hair is not fully recovered from the chemicals and can be harmed even more.

Well, all that I learned after I have done the relaxing. Now I know that my stylist made several serious mistakes that ruined my hair and made me cut it really short because of a really great amount of split ends and broken hairs.

Mistake 1: Concentration of relaxing solution I have fine hair, but as it is really thick it is hard to define the texture and diameter of the separate hair by eye. The girl that was doing my hair paid no attention to the fineness of my hair and applied rather strong solution. As a result, my hair looked over processed and dead in the end. The good stylist always should study the hair type closely, and define the appropriate concentration of the relaxing solution in order not to harm the hair.

Mistake 2: Time of processing When the lotion is applied, you hair is left to “cook”. It is important that the time is defined carefully or your hair will suffer great shock and may even dissolve! For my hair the time was defined badly. After the solution was rinsed out, I saw that my hair was sticking lifelessly in all directions like a hip of hay. I started to think that something was wrong. My sedu hairstyle was gradually fading. I saw it flying away and waving me sorrowfully.

Mistake 3: Incomplete rinsing Careful and thorough rinsing is particularly important in relaxing. It ensures that you hair suffers no longer and starts recovering from the chemical treatment. During my relaxing rinsing took approximately 5-7 minutes. It may look enough, but I usually rinse out the shampoo for 10 minutes at least! So, my hair looked more and more dreadful, and I was thinking longingly about wavy times of my hair. I spent half an hour on flat ironing every day, but at least the hair looked shiny and smooth, but not like great pile of dead strands.

At the long last, when I left the salon looking awful and feeling completely frustrated, I decided that in no way I will do two things again: go to this salon and make a chemical straightening. After consulting with the stylist in the other salon later that week, I cut my hair short, bought new shampoo and set for chemically treated hair, and ordered sedu flat iron.

I’ve decided that if I want to have sedu hairstyle, I should stick to the product that was first to invent it. Now two months have passed since that terrible experience. My hair has almost recovered and grows healthy and wavy again. I spend nearly an hour for hair care procedures every day, but it’s really worth the effort. At the long last I have sleek and smooth sedu hairstyle, and I pay no attention that it is short.

Mary Anne Lionel is the hair care consultant of SeduHairStyles101.com who helps people with hair problems to discover new ways of revealing their hair health. Visit Mary Anne’s web log at blog.seduhairstyles101.com.

Post Title Sedu Hairstyles: Chasing Dreams or Chemical Relaxing